Who We Are
Robis Elections, Inc., located in Wheaton, IL, is the developer of the AskED® suite of products and is known as the innovation leader in election software. Founded in 1991, Robis software is in use in over 50,000 election locations in the United States and has built a reputation of providing the highest level of support and service to its customers. Our goal is to make elections run more smoothly than ever.
This is one of the most challenging and exciting roles in IT. Your job would be to manage the technology of a growing computer software company. You would be responsible for keeping up on all aspects of technology, implementing new solutions and managing existing systems including Windows/IIS servers, SQL servers, data centers, networks, development systems (TFS, etc) and more. You would also participate in setting technology and security standards for our 30 employees and assisting in the development of imaging plans for configuring new systems for clients. We do not anticipate that any one candidate will begin with all of the skills mentioned below, but will add skills with time and experience.
What We're Looking For
- Honesty & Trust!
- SQL Server Admin (installation and setup, backup and restore database, fix users, truncate tables, edit configurations, set/manage jobs in SQL Agent)
- IIS (Host Headers, SSL/TLS and various versions, SNI, Certificates including things like 2048 bit encryption instead of 1024, SHA2/256, etc)
- Networking, Firewalls and Security -- Zyxel USG Firewalls, IDP (understanding IDP/IPS is crucial), logging, TCP/IP and IP addressing, NetBIOS, etc.
- Experience setting up and configuring routers
- Knowledge of PCI compliance and eCommerce a major plus
- Windows Servers & RAID (we always prefer RAID1, and currently use primarily SuperMicro Servers)
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with Team Foundation Server
- Email Servers - Exchange, Smartermail, etc. Experience with spam blocklists
- DNS basic management (Reverse DNS (when and where needed), subdomains, etc. For email MX records, Domainkeys, SPF), etc.
- Windows Admin - Basic knowledge of active directory, group policy (and doing group policy w/o Active Directory by doing direct registry edits like we do for Pollbooks with the Home edition of Windows, etc.)
- Backups, imaging, disaster recovery, data recovery, etc.
- Experience setting up and maintaining VPNs & sFTP servers
- Server build and maintenance
- BA/BS or higher in a technical field preferred with a strong academic record
- At least three years’ experience in managing servers and other technical issues
- Excellent communication skills and ability to calmly handle crises
- Attention to detail
- Sound decision-making and critical thinking skills
Submit Your Resume and References
Robis Elections, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
PO Box 39
Wheaton, IL 60187-0039